Drivers Wanted!Interested in being your own boss and having your own business in the Taxi Industry? Choose your own hours and earn as much as you like. Start making cash your first day!
Coastal Cab is looking for motivated, friendly and hardworking individuals to work alongside their one-of-a-kind family. The benefits of working with Coastal Cab are rewarding, because cab drivers and passengers know and respect Coastal Cab for being truly safe, clean & honest. "Business is booming" We have one of the highest volume call centers in Jacksonville!
Because our transportation professionals are not employees, but rather independent contractors, they have the luxury to be their own bosses. Cab drivers create their own schedules and market themselves while creating a regular clientele base and deciding on the length of their lease. Aspiring entrepreneurs have the opportunity to run their own business with the security of having an established company on their side.
Coastal Cab is an EEO employer and proud to have a drug-free environment. All job offers are contingent upon satisfactory results of: drug testing and exam, MVR and criminal background reporting, and professional reference checks.
To drive a taxi you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a legal US resident.
- Must be at least 24 years old.
- Must have a valid Florida driver's license.
- Must have had a driver's license for at least 39 months
- Must have a clean 5 year MVR report, no more than 2 weeks old.
- Must pass a five-panel drug screening.
- Must pass the background check required for a “Vehicle for Hire Permit” from the City of Jacksonville. The cost of this permit is $50.00 If you already have a permit, the cost to transfer it will be $25.
- No Smoking in the vehicles at any time.
- Must do regular cleaning of the vehicle inside and out at least every other day.
- Must have great people skills and give excellent customer service to all customers.
The following will disqualify an applicant regardless of time frame:
- Vehicular homicide.
- Manslaughter or assault while operating a motor vehicle.
- Any felony convictions with a motor vehicle.
- Negligent/reckless driving convictions.
- Sex crimes or crimes against children.
- Violent crimes.
- Any pending criminal matters or outstanding warrants.
- Be able to read and follow directions.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Adhere to traffic regulations.
- Collect fares and conduct business transactions.
- Respond to operational issues and the public per prescribed policy.